1.1. This Agreement is made between Kit Keeper Ltd (a company registered in England under number 10338438 with its registered office at 83 Victoria Street, London, SW1H 0HW”), and you, the prospect customer who is to use the Service and who enters into this Agreement by accepting these Terms of Service (“you” and “your”).
2.1. In these Terms of Service, the following words have the following meaning:
2.1.1. “Agreement” means the agreement entered into by you and Kit Keeper for the provision of the Box Storage Service or Shipping Service on these Terms of Service;
2.1.2. “Goods” means the items which you, or Kit Keeper on your behalf, pack into boxes for storage by “Kit Keeper”.
2.1.3. “Non Boxed Items” means an items provided by you for packing, transporting or storage which has not been packed into a box.
2.1.4. “Box Storage Service” is the service for delivering Materials for packing, collecting the self packed boxes and non boxed items, storing the boxes and non boxed items and delivery of the boxes and non boxed items to the delivery address as specified on the customers account. The Service is outlined in Clause 6.
2.1.5. “Website” means Kit Keeper’s website at www.kitkeeper.co.uk;
2.1.6. “Box” means a storage box which Kit Keeper supplies to you, or a box you have utilised to pack your items and Goods into in order for the transportation and storage of the Goods and Non Boxed Items.
2.1.7. “Shipping Service” is the collection of boxes from the ground floor of the given collection address and transport of the boxes to the given “delivery address”
2.1.8 Materials are the flat packed boxes and or tape and bubble wrap ordered by the customer via the Kit Keeper website and that Kit Keeper send to you to pack your Goods into ready for collection by a courier and storage.
- TERMS OF SERVICE
3.1. In order to use the Kit Keeper Service, you must agree to these Terms of Service. Your use of the Service will be taken as acceptance of these Terms of Service.
3.2. Kit Keeper can refuse or may cease to provide the Box Storage Service and or Shipping Service where Kit Keeper considers that the customer is in breach of these Terms of Service, or for any unlawful or improper purpose or for any other reason.
3.3. Kit Keeper may change these Terms of Service. Kit Keeper will notify you of any changes by posting them on the website or through other reasonable means of providing notice. If changes are made to the Terms of Service then you have the right to terminate the service by ordering your boxes and non boxed items. The contract will end on the successful delivery of your boxes and non boxed items. If you continue to use the service then the Terms of Service will apply.
- YOUR INFORMATION
4.1. In order to use the Box Storage Service and or Shipping Service, you will be required to provide information about yourself (such as identification and contact details) as part of the registration process for the Service, or as part of your continued use of the Service. You agree that any registration information you give to Kit Keeper will always be correct and kept up to date.
- PASSWORD AND SECURITY
5.1. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password, and are responsible for all activities that occur under your account.
5.2. You shall:
5.2.1. Keep your username and password strictly confidential and take all reasonable steps to ensure that nobody other than you accesses the Service using your username and password;
5.2.3. Should you feel your account, password and username have been compromised and a potential breach has occured you shall promptly notify Kit Keeper by email so that actions that can be taken to find a solution to such a breach or potential breach of the account.
- THE SERVICE
6.1. In exchange for your payment for the service provided by Kit Keeper, Kit Keeper shall provide you with:
A Self-Pack, Collection, Storage and Delivery (“Box Storage Service”): Kit Keeper shall collect and store and/or ship your Goods and Non Boxed Items to your nominated address; or
“Shipping Service”, Kit Keeper or a 3rd party organised by Kit Keeper shall collect the advised boxes on the Shipping order from the given collection address and transport the boxes on the order to the given delivery address provided by you on your account.
6.2. You shall opt for the Box Storage Service and or Shipping Service you wish to receive on the Kit Keeper Website (www.kitkeeper.co.uk), phone or by email to us. The following terms apply:
6.2.1. Box Storage Service
As and when requested by you Kit Keeper shall:
where you request, deliver the ordered number of empty boxes and other packing items to the ground floor or reception of your specified delivery address;
collect your self-packed boxes containing your Goods or your Non Boxed Items (meaning boxes packed suitably, items securely protected, and Boxes securely taped and clearly labelled) from the ground floor.
transport the boxes packed with your Goods or your Non Boxed Items otherwise suitably prepared for transport to Kit Keeper’s storage facility where the Boxes will be stored at.
return each box packed with your Goods and each Non Boxed Item to the ground floor of your specified return address on the date chosen by you on the Kit Keeper website.
You agree that if you arrange for a delivery of Materials, collection of boxes or return of stored boxes on a day other than a Kit Keeper working day or in a specific time slot on any day, additional fees shall be payable.
Kit Keeper may refuse to return non boxed items to addresses that are not in the same postal area as from where they were collected.
Kit Keeper will not deliver, collect or return Boxes or Non Boxed Items to an address outside of the UK mainland, unless Kit Keeper agrees to do so in writing. Kit Keeper will be obligated to charge you the additional fees for the delivery outside the UK mainland.
Expected times of arrivals and any specified dates Kit Keeper notifies of you for the delivery of Materials, collection of self packed Boxes and or delivery of your Boxes back to you may change and Kit Keeper is not liable to a change in the date or times specified.
Kit Keeper may cancel or postpone any delivery of flat pack boxes and or packing Materials, collection or delivery where Kit Keeper considers that it may endanger contractor, employee or member of the general public due to (including but not limited to) severe weather conditions.
Kit Keeper will not be responsible for:
dismantling or assembling any Non Boxed Items.
packing your Goods and items into Boxes, or wrapping non boxed items with protective wrap.
- YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
7.1. You will be responsible for:
7.1.1. Obtaining and ensuring that Kit Keeper or its courier have access to parking facilities so that Kit Keeper’s courier agent can safely collect or deliver your Boxes.
7.1.2. Providing Kit Keeper with your contact details and ensuring that these are accurate and up to date;
7.1.2. Notifying Kit Keeper of any changes regarding your orders by 11am the day before. If your flat pack boxes and Materials delivery, collection or delivery of return boxes is on a Monday then you are required to notify Kit Keeper by 11am on the Friday before.
7.2. If receiving the Box Storage Service, ensuring that:
7.2.1. You are present, or ensuring that someone authorised by you is present during the delivery, collection and return of the Boxes or Non Boxed Items;
7.2.2. The Goods have been securely packed into Boxes and that the Non Boxed Items have been wrapped, both in accordance with our Packaging Requirements from time to time and that the Goods, the Boxes and the Non Boxed Items are suitably prepared for transport and storage so as not to cause damage or injury or the risk of damage or injury to Kit Keeper’s property, employees, contractors or other goods, whether by spreading of liquid, damp, fumes or other damaging.
7.2.3. If you are packing fragile Goods into the Boxes make sure they are wrapped so that they will not break and place them securely inside the box making sure they will not be able to move within the Box.
7.2.4. Each Box and Non Boxed Items are labelled with the specific label provided by Kit Keeper which is attached securely by tape. If you have any boxes that are not labelled then make sure your customer ID, Name, and order number are clearly written on the non boxed item or Box.
7.2.5. Notify and inform Kit Keeper of any damage or loss no later than 48 hours after the collection or delivery of the boxes and Non Boxed Items. After the 48 hours of your boxes being collected or delivered Kit Keeper will not be liable for the loss or damage to items.
8.1. If receiving the Box Storage Service:
8.1.1. Boxes may be supplied by Kit Keeper or may be provided by you.
8.1.2. Boxes supplied by you must be
18.104.22.168. In good condition, sturdy and suitable for transport and storage of the Goods and be double walled;
22.214.171.124. If you wish to store a Non Boxed Item or size Box that is not on the Kit Keeper website then you must notify Kit Keeper to receive a quote and confirm our courier will be able to collect the Box or Non Boxed Item.
126.96.36.199. No Boxes, whether supplied by Kit Keeper or by you, should exceed the maximum weight limit of 25kg. Any Box or Non Boxed Item exceeding the maximum weight limit will be subject to the following:
- A penalty charged to your account for the Box exceeding the 25kg weight. This charge is £10 per box plus £1 per kg over the 25kg weight limit.
- Kit Keeper reserves the right to repack the overweight Boxes into one (or more) Boxes that each weigh no more than 25kg. There will be a charge for any packing or repacking. The repacking fee will be charged at £5 per Box repacked and applies on a per Box basis.
- A change to the pricing plan contract may apply if the total number of boxes in an order is changed.
- Kit Keeper, or any delivery partner acting on Kit Keeper’s behalf, may at any time:
- refuse to collect any Box or Non Boxed Item supplied by you.
- THE GOODS AND NON BOXED ITEMS
- You warrant that the Goods or Non Boxed Items are your own property or that you have the right and authority to store them.
- The Goods or Non Boxed Items must not include and you must not store any of the following in the Boxes or non boxed items:
- No illegal items according to the rule of law in England, Wales and Scotland.
- Liquids and semi-liquid foods in glass containers.
- All perishable goods.
- Non-perishable food unless packed so that they are protected from and do not attract vermin.
- Antiques (breakable and fragile).
- Birds, fish, animals or any other living, or non living creature.
- Explosive weapons, ammunition, swords, or replicas of the same or similar items.
- Sharp knives or other kitchen implements unless blade is fully protected with a suitable material.
- Combustible or flammable materials, liquids or compressed gases, including but not limited to, aerosols, diesel, petrol, oil, gas, artificial fertiliser or cleaning solvents.
- Chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents, including household cleaners.
- Toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a dangerous nature.
- Any other toxic, flammable or hazardous substance or preparations, classified as such under applicable law.
- Specialised equipment with electronic and/or fragile components.
- Anything Kit Keeper, in its discretion, deems unacceptable on a case by case basis.
- If Kit Keeper or any contractor acting on behalf of Kit Keeper become aware of any Box or Non Boxed Item which contains any prohibited items Kit Keeper reserves the right to open the Box or Non Boxed Item and remove and dispose of the prohibited item(s), Goods, Non Boxed Item or entire Box. A penalty fee of £50 and charge for disposing of the prohibited items, Non Boxed Item, Box or Goods will be charged to your account.
- You agree that Kit Keeper or any contractor acting on Kit Keeper’s behalf may at any time without notifying you open any Box to inspect the Goods:
- if Kit Keeper reasonably believes that the Goods and items are not secure in the Box being stored and, in such circumstances, Kit Keeper may repack the Box or Non Boxed item.
- You must not:
- use the Box Storage Service or Shipping Service in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or for any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect or sublicense the services.
- CHARGES AND PAYMENT
- You may choose to sign up to the Kit Keeper Box Storage Service and or Shipping service on the website either:
- on a rolling day by day basis with a minimum storage term of one month
- You shall pay to Kit Keeper charges for the Service as follows:
- where you sign up to the Box Storage Service or Shipping where you shall pay Kit Keeper’s standard rates for the time being in force as detailed on the Kit Keeper website; or
- Kit Keeper reserves the right to increase the charges payable by you in accordance with the charges listed on the Website from time to time upon notification to you in the event that any Box or Non Boxed Item collected:
- exceeds the maximum weight limit of 25kg.
- Kit Keeper reserves the right to pass on any additional charges for:
- Delivery outside the mainland UK or to return Non Boxed Items that do not have a return delivery address which is the same as the collection address.
- In the event that a courier driver collecting or delivering your Boxes or Non Boxed Items is left waiting, and Kit Keeper incurs a cost for the waiting time, Kit Keeper reserves the right to charge you for the full cost of the waiting time.
- Kit Keeper will charge you for any requests you have asked for Boxes on your account such as (but not limited to) inventory, pictures of the outside of Boxes at a rate of £10 per box.
- All charges are inclusive of VAT. If the rate of VAT changes, Kit Keeper reserves the right to adjust the VAT you pay on the charges from the date the change takes effect.
- Kit Keeper’s charges are payable by credit card or debit card in advance as follows:
- charges for Kit Keeper to send you empty Materials will be payable when you place an order on the Site;
- charges for the first month’s storage, whether the Boxes are provided by you or by Kit Keeper, when you place an order on the Kit Keeper website;
- you sign up to the Box Storage Service for a specified minimum period of one month
- you request the return of all or any of the Boxes or Non Boxed Items before the end of the specified minimum period of one month
- Charges for Kit Keeper to return your Boxes or Non Boxed Items to your specified return address (the cost of which as notified to you when you placed the order on the Site), are payable in full when you arrange for your Boxes or Non Boxed Items to be returned.
- Charges for late cancellations for the collection and or delivery of your Boxes and Non Boxed Items if the cancellation or rearranged collection or delivery is done after 11am the working day before the collection and or delivery is scheduled to take place.
- If the collection or delivery of your Boxes and or Non Boxed Items fails as a result of you not being ready for the collection and or delivery to take place, or you are not at the specified collection and or delivery address at the time of the collection or delivery, or you are not contactable at the time of the collection and or delivery Kit Keeper shall charge you an admin fee for rearranging or cancelling the order and the collection and or delivery should it be rearranged will be charged at £5.95 per Box or Non Boxed Item.
- If you add additional Boxes or Non Boxed Items to those already in storage at Kit Keeper’s storage facility:
- the agreed charges for the Boxes, or Non Boxed Items already in storage will continue to apply to those Boxes or Non Boxed Items
- Kit Keeper may review the monthly charges from time to time. If Kit Keeper increases the standard monthly rates for the charges:
- For all new orders, the new standard rates will take immediate effect;
- For existing customers who signed up to the Box Storage Service and or Shipping Service for a specified minimum period of days the new standard rates will not affect the applicable charges specified to you when you placed the order on the Site.
- Kit Keeper may review the charges for packing Materials from time to time. If Kit Keeper increases the standard charges, the increased charges will take immediate effect for all new orders.
- RIGHT TO WITHHOLD, DISPOSE OF BOXES, NON BOXED ITEMS AND IN CASE OF NON PAYMENT FOR THE USE OF THE Kit Keeper SERVICE
- If you do not pay the charges or any other payments due under this Agreement, Kit Keeper shall have the right to withhold and ultimately dispose of some or all of the Goods or Non Boxed Items you will be responsible for all storage charges and other associated costs reasonably incurred by Kit Keeper while withholding or disposing of the boxes, non boxed items and or Non Boxed Items.
- Kit Keeper will provide you with 28 days written notice requiring you to pay all amounts due and to contact Kit Keeper to arrange for redelivery of the Boxes or Non Boxed Items. If, upon the expiration of the 28-day notice period you have failed to pay all of the amounts due, Kit Keeper may dispose of some or all of the Goods or Non Boxed Items by sale, gift to charity, or otherwise.
- If in Kit Keeper’s reasonable opinion the Goods or Non Boxed Items cannot be sold for a reasonable price or at all (for any reason) or despite Kit Keeper’s reasonable efforts they remain unsold, you authorise Kit Keeper to treat them as abandoned and to destroy or otherwise dispose of them at your cost.
- You shall be responsible for all costs reasonably incurred by Kit Keeper in relation to the disposal of the Goods, Boxes and Non Boxed Items. If Kit Keeper receives money on disposal of the Goods and Non Boxed Items the net proceeds of sale will be credited to your account and Kit Keeper will pay any excess to you without interest, less Kit Keeper’s administrative charge of £50.
- If, after having made all reasonable efforts to do so, Kit Keeper is unable to return any excess to you, including having given not less then 90 days’ written notice to you, Kit Keeper may retain any such excess for its own account.
- If the proceeds of sale (if any) are insufficient to discharge the outstanding charges or any other payments due under this Agreement and the costs of sale, you must pay any balance outstanding to Kit Keeper within seven days of a written demand from Kit Keeper. Interest will continue to accrue on the balance until it is paid in full.
- Kit Keeper’s liability to you
- Kit Keeper limits its liability to you in contract, tort (including negligence), bailment, or otherwise for the boxes, non boxed items,Goods or Non Boxed Items. You acknowledge that Kit Keeper is unaware of the value of the Goods or Non Boxed Items to be packed and/or stored and does not insure or arrange insurance for the box Goods or Non Boxed Items. Kit Keeper recommends that you arrange your own insurance to cover the value of the Goods or Non Boxed Items.
- When Kit Keeper returns the Boxes packed with your Goods or Non Boxed Items to you, you must promptly examine the Goods or Non Boxed Items and notify Kit Keeper of any loss of or damage to the Goods or Non Boxed Items within two working days of redelivery of the Goods or Non Boxed Items to you.
- In the event of a claim, Kit Keeper shall be entitled to require proof of: (i) proof of purchase (ii) the cost price and the current replacement cost of the Goods or Non Boxed Item(s); You must respond promptly to Kit Keeper’s enquiries and requests for information in respect of the Goods or Non Boxed Items. If you do not provide Kit Keeper with any information or documents requested by Kit Keeper within 28 days of Kit Keeper’s request, Kit Keeper will not be liable for the loss of or damage to the Goods or Non Boxed Items.
- In respect of each Box or Non Boxed Item, Kit Keeper’s total liability in contract, tort (including negligence), bailment, or otherwise for the Box Storage Service and or Shipping Service or any breach of this Agreement by Kit Keeper or for any loss of or damage to the Goods or Non Boxed Items (including loss or damage during collection, redelivery or storage) shall not in any event exceed the lower of:
- the cost price of the boxes, Non Boxed Items and Goods in the Box.
- the current replacement cost of the Goods in the Box or Non Boxed Item and Non Boxed Item at the date of the claim; and
- Where Kit Keeper engages an international transport operator, shipping company or airline to deliver your Goods to a destination chosen by you, you shall enter into separate terms and conditions set by that carrier.
- Kit Keeper shall not in any event be responsible in contract, tort (including negligence), bailment, or otherwise for loss or damage that falls into the following categories:
- Loss of or damage to the Goods or Non Boxed Items which does not arise as a direct consequence of any breach of this Agreement by Kit Keeper or any deliberate or negligent act or omission on the part of Kit Keeper or its contractors;
- Any indirect or consequential loss that arises from special circumstances, such as loss arising as a result of you being delayed for or missing an appointment or flight, even if Kit Keeper was aware of the possibility of such a loss;
- Loss of or damage to the Goods or Non Boxed Items which is caused by your failure to comply with this Agreement;
- Loss of or damage to any Goods or Non Boxed Item of a type listed in or those set out in the Packaging Requirements under the heading “Kit We Can’t Store”;
- Loss of business, sales, revenue, profits, anticipated savings or goodwill, damage to reputation or wasted time; or
- loss or damage which was not reasonably foreseeable at the date of entering into this Agreement, regardless as to how such loss or damage was caused.
- Kit Keeper shall have no liability to you:
- In respect of providing the Box Storage Service:
- for damage to the Non Boxed Items if not wrapped to protect against handling and transport as set out in the Packaging Requirements;
- for damage to the Non Boxed Items if proof of condition photos are not provided via email or when requested by Kit Keeper prior to the collection;
- for damage to the Boxes themselves (as opposed to the Goods inside the Boxes); and
- for damage to the property when transporting Boxes and Non Boxed Items out of and into the property;
- In respect of providing the Box Storage Service and Shipping Service:
- if the Goods are not in our actual possession;
- if the Goods are seized under any law or court order; or
- for Goods confiscated, seized, damages or removed by custom authorities or any other government agencies.
- In respect of providing the Box Storage Service:
- YOUR LIABILITY TO Kit Keeper
- You shall reimburse Kit Keeper in full an amount equal to all damages, liabilities, costs, claims and expenses that Kit Keeper may incur as a result of your use of the Service or any breach by you of this Agreement.
- OWNERSHIP OF RIGHTS
- All rights, including copyright, on the website and the Box Storage Service and Shipping Service are owned by or licensed to Kit Keeper. “Kit Keeper is a registered trade mark of Kit Keeper Limited.
- RIGHT TO CANCEL
- Kit Keeper will not refund Material boxes as a result of the customer labels being applied to the empty Material boxes for the reason that the boxes can not be resold. Should the Materials be returned Kit Keeper will not pay for any transport charges in returning them.
- If you wish to cancel or rearrange the collection of your Boxes and or Non Boxed Item(s) or delivery of Boxes and or Non Boxed Item(s) you must notify Kit Keeper by 11am the working day before the collection of delivery is due to take place and at least 24 hours notice which ever is the greater. There will be a late cancellation fee applied to your account which must be paid before the boxes are collected or returned or the late cancellation fee must be paid over the phone with a Kit Keeper Customer Representative.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by requesting the return of your Boxes packed with your Goods or Non Boxed Items and paying any outstanding charges due to Kit Keeper.
- Kit Keeper may terminate this Agreement with immediate effect by notice in writing to you, if:
- you fail to pay any amount due, including any interest accrued, by the date due; or
- you are in breach of any term of this Agreement.
- Kit Keeper may terminate this Agreement for any reason by giving you not less than 30 days written notice.
- Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason you must contact Kit Keeperpromptly to arrange for redelivery of the Boxes.
- If within 30 days following termination of this Agreement for any reason you fail to arrange for redelivery of the Boxes, then Kit Keeper may dispose of the contents of the Boxes or the Non Boxed Item.
- You acknowledge and agree that, in entering into this Agreement, you do not rely on, and shall have no remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, warranty or understanding (whether negligently made or not) other than as expressly set out in these Terms of Service.
- The failure of Kit Keeper to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If for any reason any provision of this Agreement, or any portion thereof, is found to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions of this Agreement shall continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This Agreement is not intended to benefit anyone other than the parties to it and, in particular, none of the terms of this Agreement shall be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a third party.
- This Agreement is governed by English Law and both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- PROMOTIONAL CODES
- Kit Keeper promotional codes allow you to receive a discount on your order, as an upfront or ongoing percentage.
- You may not post your promotional code on voucher websites, affiliate marketing schemes or other 3rd party websites.
- You may not create fake accounts, split your bookings with the intention of exploiting a promotional code or otherwise engage in attempts at forgery or fraud.
- Requirements of Packing your Boxes in order to use the Box Storage Service or Shipping Service.
WHAT WE WILL ACCEPT
- Double-walled cardboard boxes (either our Kit Keeper boxes or any double-walled cardboard box
- Suitcase, and hard back bags only (all items must be sealed and labelled. If they are additional boxes in which you have not been given a label for then your name, Customer ID and Kit Keeper Order ID must be clearly written or tapped to the item
- Musical instruments must be in hard cases.
- Bicycles, skis, snowboards must be suitably protected inside a hard protective casing.
- Printers, TVs and other electrical equipment must be in their original packaging or securely wrapped
- Non Boxed Items that can not be placed in a box will only be collected if sufficiently wrapped and protected. It is at the discretion of the Courier and Kit Keeper to collect or refuse to collect Non Boxed Items. The Non Boxed Item will only be collected if being returned to the address it was collected from.
WHAT WE WILL NOT ACCEPT
- Single-walled cardboard boxes such as crisp boxes, Store Pak boxes and other thin and single walled boxes
- Bin bags, plastic bags, laundry bags, and canvas bags. These will have to be placed inside a box and clearly labelled or your name, customer ID, and Kit Keeper Order ID written on it.
- Musical instruments in soft cases.
- Bicycles, skis and snowboards not in a double-walled cardboard box or specialist bag.
- Any Box over 25kg
- Any goods containing liquids, chemicals or food.
Kit We Can’t Store
- Glass, crockery and other fragile items unless packed within a crockery box, goods with any glass element, and other fragile items Electronics and small kitchen appliances (including, by way of example, but not limited to rice cookers, kettles), Jewellery and or Antiques